Anonymous

Unemployed?

I’m 19, turning 20 this year and i’ve never had a job. I used to go to work with my uncle and help out almost everyday when I was like 6 or 7, I’ve worked elections multiple times. But I just feel like I’m not ready for a full time job but my mom keeps pressuring me to get a job, I feel like i’m not ready for one because of where my mental state is right now. What do I do?

Well... you can always do surveys... just answer their questions. 

Or

Sign up for army and let them beat discipline into your head.

Freelancing is good as long as you get clients who pay you and give you work on a regular basis. 

Always set your mind in a positive way because the result will be positive. Sounds easy right, the difficult part there is how are you going to switch your MIND-SET.;

Just do it. I went cold feet when starting my first job but that first step was what helped me become well adjusted. My newfound independence has been great and allows me to experience many new things and do what I want to do and there's no way I am going back to the way things were. You are at the prime time in your life to make a change.

• Judy

grow up, and get a job.

• Scott

You make a decision whether you want to be a human parasite, sponging off others or to take charge and start paying your own way through life. Being an adult comes with responsibilities and nobody said it'd be easy.

• L

GET A JOB - you can't live off of mommy and daddy forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your mother is right and if you do not get one now, you may never get one.  The longer you wait, the less likely an employer will want you.  I got a job at 16 and even after school and getting my first full time job, I kept my part-time job for two more years, working Friday evening and Saturday too.  Work is good therapy.  Get off your behind and stop making excuses for sitting on your *ss.  Besides, if you expect to be independent some day, you are going to need income.

• Eva

You look for a job. Stop making excuses for being lazy by calling it a "mental state".

• A

You need to grow up and get a job, whether you feel like you are ready or not.