Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Have you tried this product for your cats/dogs...CoolerDog Dog Cooling Pad Dog Cooling Products Hydro Cooling Mat?

Did it work as advertised? My air conditioner stopped working.

I have a cooling pad for my dog but he will rarely use it. If it is extremely hot he will occasionally lie with a small part of his body on the mat but not rehularly and never using the full mat.

I bought two, one for each of my very large dogs.  They both HATE the pads, won't go near them.  One of them pulled the pad away from where he sleeps and then slept on the floor.

• Maxi

No I personally haven't used them, although friends purchased one each for their dogs and the dogs refused to lie on them..... I told them to soak an old towel and lay it down...which my dogs will use and their dogs use when they come over

You know dogs and cats (if they are healthy) can handle weather extremes much better than humans.  I have an Australian Shepherd and I live in West Central Florida, it get’s very hot and humid.  She can stay out all day running and jumping in the hottest part of the summer with no problem.  Just make sure your pet has plenty of water and a fan, they lay down in from the fan if they’re hot.  

• Verulam 1

.. to the touch but I'd still bring him indoors rather than leave him lying out in the heat.   I would say that unlike us however, they did know when to lie around and not thrash around like us. But then we needed to, they didn't.