How would you describe this picture?

I'm writing a story and I'm having a bit of a hard time describing a lake the characters come across. (I've included a picture I want to aim to create). Any examples of descriptions would be greatly appreciated. 

A beautiful serene sense of stability and peace at the same time.

The light looked as beautiful as the trees lined to up it. Not perfect but close to it. 

I came across a lake with the sun hitting just right, and the trees casting a shadow so directly positioned that hit the lake causing line of light to appear.

The trees, were perfectly positioned to the lake so accurately that the water reflected them. Making the most amazing sense of peace I’d felt in a long time. It was something out of a painting. It looked as if the world was at a stand still. 

• Tina

I agree with Miss Bittner - that's not a late but some kind of waterway..

But if it's a picture of the water your characters come across then just describe it.

Tallest, that's not a lake. I'm not sure it's even a river, at least not a natural one. They're rarely that straight for long, in my experience, and the narrower they are, the more they tend to wander a little from true straight.

I suspect this is a man-made waterway running high, since the plants are right at the edge, no banks showing.

Anyway, what I see is slow-moving water that's so close to still it reflects the sky and trees, on a cloudy day that makes it appear brown.

i see ariver and a bunch of plants. ok vote me best answer now 😊