Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

Am I within the recommended guidelines of drinking alcohol?

I don’t want a lesson of what it means to be an alcoholic.  I just want to know if I am within the guidelines.  Below I will post, starting with tomorrow what I plan to drink followed by today and then what I drank for the rest of the week.  

My other question, does the drink amounts reset after each week?

I have been keeping track on an effort not to over do.  This is an honest to God record.  I actually measure the drinks I have had. The little chart below is average for me.  I am not upset about the amount I have been drinking nor has anyone else been.

Saturday

Friday 

3 or 2 later today

THURSDAY

2.1

Wednesday

0

Tuesday

2

Monday

4

Sunday

0

Saturday

3.7

What are the numbers? If they are units of alcohol then you exceed the UK guidelines.

I doubt that they are units of alcohol though.

• kswck2

Just do what you want. Who cares what others think of you. 

If you are male, you JUST barely fall into the guidelines ... except for Saturday.

If you are female, you do NOT fall into the guidelines.

Females – Never more than 2 drinks per occasion, never more than 5 times a week

Males – Never more than 3 drinks per occasion, never more than 5 times a week

And drinking TO those guidelines still puts you at risk for brain and liver damage, and for becoming an alcoholic.