Would you believe in God of you know there is a hell and you will end up there if you don't.?

• User

I think anyone

- if they KNEW there is a Hell

and

- if they KNEW that they would end up in Hell if they didn't believe in God

THEN they would believe in God.

But the question

NEARLY

assumes that God exists

and that the person knows it.

(Without KNOWING that God exists, how would you KNOW that believing in God saves you from Hell?)

• User

Hell need not be tied only to theistic religion. For example: Hell can exist in ancestor worship / spiritist religion or in "karmaic" religion.

• Prove to me it exists, then justify eternal punishment for finite offenses, and we'll debate my response.

No.  The very idea of hell is immoral.  Eternal punishment for a finite crime is grossly immoral.  If there is a god, then that god is a moral thug.  True, that god could punish me forever, but at least I will have the satisfaction of knowing that I am morally and ethically superior to that god.

where you end up does' not relate to whether you believe in God but whether God believes in you. your lifestyle decides where you go

• Paul

You can't just "choose" to believe in someone. You have to meet them before you can be certain they exist. And God is just waiting for the opportunity to introduce Himself to all of His beloved children who do not yet know Him, if they are open to truth.

The existence of hell gives no reason to believe in anything other than that there is a hell. Your closing phrase shows that you have misunderstood what the hell Jesus warned about is all about, and why many people will end up in torments there. Jesus came to Earth to be a man, to die for those heading for hell, that if they repent and trust in what He did, they will be spared it. Find out what Jesus said and why He has unique authority to both warn and deliver. Try reading Luke's gospel account, especially chapter 16. Believe in Jesus if you don't want to end up in hell.

Believing in God never saved anyone, MJ.

Satan isn’t an atheist. There are no agnostic demons. They all believe and (rightly) shudder.

Go to Jesus and beg for mercy. Otherwise how will you escape being condemned to hell?

Atheists are often asked this question: what if you're wrong? Here is my standard response:

On the one hand, if the universe was in fact created by a bipolar, paranoid schizophrenic, sexist, homophobic Über-narcissist, then I'm in about as much trouble as it is possible to be. On the other hand, if, unlike many of his believers, God is a grownup then I shouldn't have a problem.

Fascinating.  This definitely played a part in my apostasy and inevitable conversion.   This and the mountain of theodicies, all inadequate in explaining the problem of human suffering in the world.

Answer.   No, I would not believe.  Logical.

That is why people hold religious views. ..FEAR!

Religion is a business selling FEAR. 

Atheism is for mature adults... 

Here is the truth:  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell. The only way to have eternal life, the only way to be in heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life (John 6:47).  It is that simple and that easy.  It is too late to be saved after death.  Jesus is God and Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).  Nothing else pays for our sins, not works from us or anything else, and Jesus already paid for our sins with His death and blood.  You cannot add any works to getting into heaven (Romans 4:5).