Can I test a blown fuse with a tester screwdriver? ?

My computer does not power on Isuspect the fuse but the fuse is white and not transparent glass I can't see the wire insideBesides the tester screwdriver lights on both ends of the fuse Is that the right way to test the fuse?

If I'm following you, you need to remove the fuse to check  and you need a multi meter, set on ohms, and touch each end of the multi meter to the fuse.

• Scott

A test light checks for voltage. You need a volt-ohm-multimeter set to continuity or ohms (resistance).

• Waa'il1 month agoReport

Thank a lot 👍

Power supply unit could be bad.

If you turn the key to the ON position and the CEL lights up as it should your computer is getting power. I don't have a clue why you're thinking it doesn't have power. Did you check all the sensors for the 5 volt reference signal? If you don't have 5 volts at each sensor you need to unplug each one to see which sensor is shorting out the 5 volt reference signal. One bad sensor shorting to ground will take down all the reference signals and keep the motor from running.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • Waa'il1 month agoReport

It is a computer not a car.
      You know the hdd light and the power LED should both light up when you press the power buttin... Actually nothing happens when i press it..