Can I test a blown fuse with a tester screwdriver? ?

My computer does not power on Isuspect the fuse but the fuse is white and not transparent glass I can't see the wire insideBesides the tester screwdriver lights on both ends of the fuse Is that the right way to test the fuse?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

If I'm following you, you need to remove the fuse to check  and you need a multi meter, set on ohms, and touch each end of the multi meter to the fuse.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A test light checks for voltage. You need a volt-ohm-multimeter set to continuity or ohms (resistance).

• Waa'il1 month agoReport

Thank a lot 👍

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Power supply unit could be bad.

• 1 month ago

If you turn the key to the ON position and the CEL lights up as it should your computer is getting power. I don't have a clue why you're thinking it doesn't have power. Did you check all the sensors for the 5 volt reference signal? If you don't have 5 volts at each sensor you need to unplug each one to see which sensor is shorting out the 5 volt reference signal. One bad sensor shorting to ground will take down all the reference signals and keep the motor from running.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • Waa'il1 month agoReport

It is a computer not a car.
      You know the hdd light and the power LED should both light up when you press the power buttin... Actually nothing happens when i press it.. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.