Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 months ago

Have you ever stayed with someone despite how unhappy u were in the relationship?

yes I have. with my first, now ex, husband. I had nowhere to go and had small children

Never had GF never well I have Autism so wouldn't know I am not like ordinary people I was born f uck ed up thanks to God.

It’s part of the process of letting go. Marriage and family counselors often propose their clients give a deadline to end it, if they’re following a strategy to improve the relationship to no avail. Sometimes people do this on their own, “if this doesn’t get better in three months”, or other bargaining defenses. 

Oh yes, I have done that. That is an easy mistake to make... thinking that you need to hang on to a bad thing because you don't believe that there could be anything else for you.

After a time, you realize that you can't change other people, and that your own happiness is worth something.

• Kaylee

Yes because I wanted to give benefit of the doubt that he would change but he would get upset because I would constantly be upset about him not putting out and then on top of that not showing any affection. I should’ve left him months before that. 

Oh yes. I was desperately in love and kept thinking the relationship would improve if I just hung in there. This went on for over a year before we fell apart in mutual exhaustion.