Is it possible the get pregnant a day or 2 before your period?

My boyfriend and I had sex a day before my period was supposed to start and we decided that since my period would be starting the next day then it won't do any harm if he comes inside me (without a condom), but now my period is late. I could very well be overreacting and I know it, but I was just curious if it's even possible to become pregnant a day before your period is supposed to start 

It's possible to get pregnant during your period, even if you're on the pill and he uses a condom.

Here's the bottom line:  The female body desperately wants to get pregnant and make babies, even if its owner doesn't.  Unless you surgically remove or seriously damage the reproductive organs, you can get pregnant if you have sex.  There are even cases of people having the surgery and still getting pregnant, because the body never stops trying to repair damage.

ONLY if your ovulation was late for this cycle.

If your ovulation was late - then pregnancy is possible.

If your ovulation was on time - the egg was dead and pregnancy is not possible.

It takes between 14 to 21 days after sex for a pregnancy test to be accurate.  Your period being late won't be long enough since sex happened right before the period was due. 

If you don't get a period in the next 21 days - then take a test at that point.  Until then, you are just wasting tests.  

• Edna

You might not be over-reacting.The key phrase here is 'supposed' to start the next day'. You only thought your period was 'supposed' to start the next day, based on your past experience; but you never know exactly when your period is going to begin. If, for some reason, your period was going to be  somewhat "late" that month, that would throw off the day you would ovulate. You might be having unprotected sex right during the time you were ovulating; and you could get pregnant.

Ordinarily, it's almost impossible to get pregnant one day before your period begins, because at that time there's no mature egg in your body to be fertilized. But your period hadn't begun; you only knew when it was 'supposed' to begin.  It would have been better if you had waited until you were menstruating to have unprotected sex; then you would be reasonably certain that you wouldn't get pregnant.

Assuming you are regular, it would be very unlikely.  If you aren't regular then your 'predicted date' I assume from an app is meaningless and you could get pregnant.

• Jill

If your period IS due in a day or two then no,  it's not possible. The problem is that you cannot know for certain when your period is due. You can track it and you might find that it's usually very regular but that is no guarantee that at some point it won't go off track for whatever reason. So if you ovulated later than you thought you would then yes,  it's possible. If birth control was as easy as counting days then there would be many less unplanned pregnancies.  

You're clearly too stupid to be having sex. 

If you have regular cycles, then it's highly unlikely you can get pregnant two days before your period as, after ovulation, the egg is only around for 12-24 hours and ovulation in a regular cycle will have occurred two weeks before your period.

Source(s): Fertility and pregnancy expert Zita West. (UK)