Dead or alive?

Two years Ago my boyfriend "overdosed".  He was at his grandparents. He was a heroin addict but came from a family that has more money then god. I did see a cadaver but the cadaver was so old it could have been any man near his age with the same hair color. It was two weeks before I got to see the cadaver. He still has activity on his credit report. And his family hadn't let me visit the grandparents house since his death. My aunt said something cryptic when I told her " I just wish he was alive, I'd rather be alone with him alive then dead." She said "Tis better to be live he is alive elsewhere that dead and not present" wtf does that mean. It's not against the law to fake your own death in the united states and you can get cadavers fake ones.  I've tried to get his death certificate or the coroners report but I can't get past reception since I am not kin. He had activity on his credit report. The only thing on the internet that says he is gone is his Facebook controlled by his father. And a funeral home page not even the one who did his viewing saying the date and place of his death. I'm having trouble moving on clearly. He had so many secrets. A lot of things happened that didn't make any sense. I can't explain. He could easily be hiding in Illinois anywhere... It's not hard to disappear. Help!

If he wanted out of his situation badly enough to fake his own death and he hasn't contacted you to say he's still alive you should consider yourself broken up with. So it's not like he's pining for your company even if he IS alive. You weren't even married to him so you're not entitled to see his death certificate. Try some talk therapy if you're having trouble moving on. If the family contrived to make you think this guy died then it's highly likely they perceived you to be part of the reason he was a heroin addict. Mentally healthy, well adjusted people don't date addicts. Work on your own life so you can make better decisions in the future. 

How do you know there were charges on his credit card?  Great story.

• Tavy

So who kept the corpse for  2 weeks, he would have been stinking. A funeral home would have given a name .

Surely it's possible to get a copy of his death certificate. Easily done here in the U.K.

Nothing to help with.  Get over it. 

What on earth would be the point of faking his own death?   Aunt was saying that a drug addict is a living corpse.  A heroin addict is not a boyfriend.  Yes of course he had secrets.  He would have killed you if you had come between him and his next fix.

Activity on his credit report is meaningless.  That does not mean he is alive.