Valerie asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

My husband wants me to lose 20+ pounds. Should I try out Keto Diet plans?

My husband wants me to lose 20+ pounds.

Several of my friends have tried out Keto Diet plans. My friends told me they are scientifically backed and proven with great benefits to our bodies.

Has anyone tried out custom Keto Diet plans? What are your thoughts?

Valerie C Dillard.

Do what you want, do you want to lose 20lbs?  If not tell your husband to **** off and get a penis enlargement.

If you want to lose pounds go for it, don't change yourself if you don't want to though. 

If you're friends recommend it and you're okay with losing pounds of course you should try it.Look up what to do though if you do decide to loose some weight. 

maybe you should try losing an unappreciative husband...

If you want to try keto read up on google searches rather than asking for opinions of a bunch of yahoos.  I’ve done Keto and it’s hard, the point of it is to lower your carb intake to the point where you put your body into a state of ketosis where it is burning fat for fuel rather than carbs.  It works for weight loss but most people just put the weight back on when they go back to their normal eating patterns.

It takes time to get your body into ketosis, and making a single exception to your keto eating will put you out of ketosis and you have to start over.  Other effect are bad body odor and bad breath - the result of eating so much protien and fat.  And it can be expensive, because the fats and protiens are expensive.  And then there’s the keto flu, you can get to a place metabolically where it feels like you have the flu.  

I’ve done keto and lost weight, but it was uncomfortable, I reeked and I felt crappy for a period of time from the “keto flu”.  And I gained all the weight back when I started eating carbs again.  I very much preferred a reduced carb diet.  When the George Cruz Bellyfat Diet book came out a friend went on that diet and I did it with her (sortof) as moral support.  That eating plan was only a couple of tweaks off how I eat normally anyway - the idea on that plan was to limit your sugar intake FROM ALL SOURCES, including milk and fruit, to 15 grams a day, and to limit your carbs to whole grains only and in limited gram amounts.  That plan worked well for me, I had lots of energy, no longer got “the tireds” after lunch and had 15 pounds melt off with no effort other than the limited sugar and carbs in about 15 weeks.

All of that being said, the best way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle, permanently.  

Does HE need to lose weight?

if so he MUST join you or Shut up

Lol my fiancé broke up with me after I told her she had to chance something about her life. I hope I get a dummy one that listens to me one day 

Before starting any diet, I would be asking myself--do YOU want to lose 20 pounds or is it just your husband who wants you to?  Let's just say for the sake of argument he's 'concerned' about your health instead of being a controlling jerk about your appearance. So is a Keto diet worth it? It CAN be. But a better way is to practice portion control, increase your activity and eat a vegetable-heavy (but not necessarily exclusive) diet. In the long run, you will be able to sustain more weight loss and keep doing that over a longer period of time. Keto diets can't be sustained over extended periods of time. Weight loss may be more rapid and dramatic at first, but as soon as you stop them, the weight comes back, sometimes more than before. 

Changing your eating habits is the BEST way to lose weight and keep it off. Not dieting. Dieting leads to many problems, including metabolic imbalances, insulin resistance, weight-gain rebound and yo-yo gains and losses. None of these are healthy or good for you and they won't result in what your husband wants--or you. 

One easy way to change is by using the "plate" method of eating. For a standard sized dinner plate, fill up 3/4 of it with NON-starchy vegetables, 1/4 with protein (meat, dairy, fish) and 1/4 with carbohydrate-rich foods. Stop drinking any soda at all--even diet. If you practice this, use sensible--CORRECT--portions and stick to it, you'll end up changing eating habits and lose the weight you want, over a proper amount of time. Fast diets will always result in rebound or imbalance. 

• e9601:

Most diets are just fads. Talk to your Dr. and get sound advise.

Girl **** that *****, and get a new *****

• keerok

Without proper medical advice, a poorly executed Keto diet will damage your kidneys. Consult a dietician and ask about intermittent fasting.