Why is Stretching good for the body?

And by Stretching, I mean in its strict sense, during a class of that discipline.

Because I have attended a few Stretching classes at a fitness center, and all we did was stretching the bonés.

The instructor would also come to each person, and sometimes help them stretch the body to each a further level.

Oh, and by the way, it would even hurt a little.

You can NOT stretch bones. I believe you are thinking of joints not bones.

And yes stretching is good on many levels. 1 it does help warm and exercise the muscles, tendons and ligaments. It also helps keep those ligaments and tendons pliable, flexible and healthy. It can also help lubricate the joints. You have a fluid in the joints and only way to move that around and lubricate the joint is thru stretches and similar movements like Tai Chi. It also helps circulate blood thru the body, joints, muscles etc..

Many of the stretches and exercises that go with that can be a workout in itself. It can also help work those kinks out in you back and neck. Which everyone really needs. It will also help with your sleep, which is vital to the healing process.