YA - If it ain't broke, don't fix it...... and it wasn't 'broke'. Apart from the usual troll questions. Why change the set up?

And why the default to Discover, not Answers?

The default to Discovery is stupid and needs to go. I suspect they did that so more people would see questions that were asked hours or days earlier. I've become use to expecting format changes, but I find it funny how they focus on new formats, but never bother fixing the glitches. I also see no reason why the answer box is shaded in grey. Why not make It brighter.

• Blue Sky

Thanks.

Probably to keep up with the competition. This probably was a marketing decision made months or a year or more ago. It's the equivalent of moving things to different aisles in grocery stars and Wal-Mart. It drives customers and employees crazy 2 or 3 times a year. Marketing people are crazy. 

• .

THOSE are questions for the feedback forum here https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/924010  Make sure you sort on 'new' to see the other posts/suggestions already made about the new format, so you don't duplicate something that's already there (you can vote and comment on the suggestions of others).

None of the other users can answer your questions, which makes your post a rant. A lot of us aren't keen on the changes, but our opinion of the format isn't sought. Remember, questions are supposed to be those seeking useful information from other users, not commiseration.