Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

My mom owes back child support and my dad passed away a few years ago who with get the check ?

• Judith

If you are a minor then whoever now has legal custody of you is due the money IF it is still due.  If you are no longer a minor it isn't due you. It was due your father for helping cover HIS expenses in raising you.  So I guess for you this is a dead issue because since you aren't getting it, why should you care?

My guess - she doesn't have to pay any further past-due child support.  Only any current child support to whoever has custody of you and none if you are now an adult.  It would be up to whoever has custody of you to pursue the issue via an attorney via the courts.

How you get "with" from what any reasonable person would assume meant "will"? I would hope you get it. So you can get that hooked on phonics.

His estate, and then the heirs through that.

Nobody, when he died, the child support stopped. You are not entitled to any money. And I am sure the attorney told you that already