Logan asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

How likely is it for someone to attack or seriously harm/kill you if you offend and piss them off on social media?

I was asking because I replied to a comment on Facebook where the person is anti-abortion. Since I can't stand ignorance and hate, I replied to their comment without rationally thinking. They warned me not to come at them again. Are they likely to attack and/or seriously harm/kill me if they see me in public, or am I okay?

Additional Info: I am not friends on Facebook with this particular person. I was replying to a comment they left on a post of a Governer's account that I follow. From what I saw on their profile, they are a heavy 2nd amendment supporter, and they have a picture of themselves holding a gun as their profile pic. Should I be worried about this?

I also told them that women had the right to choose what they do with their bodies and to stop with their ignorance and hate. Do you think this person will come after me? I already blocked them after they commented on my reply.

Extremely unlikely.  In my experience, people have around 20 times more balls online than they do in reality-land.

I've been openly threatened on social media by many people (I used to do scam baiting), and some of them tried to increase the intimidation by telling me where I could find them any time.  In the cases where I did find them, even though I'm not that big or mean looking, every one of them immediately backpedalled and said they were just joking around.

• Logan1 month agoReport

I'm actually very familiar with scambaiting. I watch those types of videos on YouTube pretty much every day, and I've wanted to try it for myself, but I don't have the resources to do it.