I had my battery tested at Autozone and the tester says it's bad. What exactly is bad?

Lets see....you had a battery tested and the reading came back battery bad. My guess is that the BATTERY is bad, defunct, out of life, not capable of storing electrons any more. Now if a battery tester said your Radio was bad I would question that.

If your car starts ok and charges when the car is running, there's no problem. If the battery goes flat it could be a faulty alternator or voltage regulator, and if this is the case, even a new battery will go flat. The proper test for a battery is

A. Charge it fully. B. Get it checked on-load. If the on-load voltage is too low you need a new battery. Remember, the only thing the battery is for is to start the car. Once the car starts, the alternator powers everything electrical, AND charges the battery too. It's false economy to buy a cheap battery. If you need a battery, buy a good one, it will repay you over the years. I bought a new car in 2012 and the battery is still going strong !

12.51 volts IS NOT BAD. Go to your favorite private mechanic and ask him to do a *battery load test to see what the reserve amperage capacity is.

You’d need to post the print out we can’t say anything based off that screenshot since it just says the voltage and how much charge the battery currently holds. 

As others said, treat these auto store testers with a grain of salt. They have a direct incentive to sell batteries and there is obviously an incentive for there diagnostic tools to say batteries that still good to beed replacement. 

Is there any symptoms of a dying battery? Not starting after sitting overnight. Dim lights? Etc?

Source(s): I fix more cars than I break.

It's bad that it's good and you don't need to buy a battery from them

Nothing better than an old fashioned harbor freight resistor tester no computer just a element inside that gets really hot and puts on a hundred amp load. Plus you have to check your alternator. If your alternator checks out then maybe your battery really is bad.

......not good ...........

The damn battery. They can have a dead cell or sulfated plates. I assume they also tested the charging system?

Those things are for increasing battery sales.  Try it on one of their 'new' batteries, they 'fail' also.

Post the printout.  Battery voltage probably dropped under 9.6V when the car was being started or being subjected to a load.  This means the battery is dying or dead.  Battery also can only be charged to 12.51 volts.  Voltage after charging should be at least 12.6V although the voltage drop value when starting (load test) is more important.