Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Anyone else have a problem with nature seasoning being bland?

I used a tablespoon of nature seasoning to my chicken breasts with some black pepper baked it in the oven and it was bland. So weird considering that seasoning gets raving reviews it has 5 star reviews so not sure why my chicken was bland. I used a pound and a half of chicken breasts 

• Favourite answer

You have to stop with the ******* seasoning blends. The people who give them 5 stars are comparing it to using no seasoning at all. Look at the damn ingredients before you buy this stuff 

Salt, Potassium Chloride, Black Pepper, Sugar, Spices, Natural Onion Flavor, Natural Garlic Flavor, Parsley, Celery Seed, Calcium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate.

There is no there there. If you won't spend the money on fresh herbs (we know you won't) then buy dry herbs and spices and make your own seasoning. And garlic, onions and citrus go a long way in the way of flavor.

You've obviously not made the recipe I've given you 5 times - it's an excellent example of herbs, garlic and lemon begin delicious.

"Nature" sounds like it's supposed to be healthy and in that side of the health food market I'm seeing a trend toward the 1970s restriction diets, meaning there's likely very little to no salt in your Nature seasoning. That's why it's so bland.

Are you still fussing with those breasts??? have your tongue and nose checked because I think there is something wrong with you, not the seasoning.

• Anton

If you are talking about Morton Nature's Seasons, it is mostly salt and pepper.  Best for being tossed in the trash.  Just plain chicken breast with too much salt and pepper will still be bland.  And for better flavor you want grill the chicken on the BBQ -- like with Alice Springs Chicken or Grilled Malibu Chicken.