Who has orbited the Moon the most times?

What is his name/ their names ?

Update:

I just found out it was Ronald Evans, thinks to ANDRE L telling me it was probably him or TK Mattingly. 

What is surprising thing is that the record of 75 orbits is held by Evans and five mice.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Ronald Evans of Apollo 17 mission stayed in lunar orbit for 6 days and 4 hours (148 hours);[33] however, for the solo portion of that flight around the Moon, T. K. Mattingly on Apollo 16 spent 1 hour 38 minutes longer than Evans' solo duration.

The mission commanders and Lunar Module pilots on the Apollo landing flights had far less time in Lunar orbit, as much their time between lunar orbit arrival and departure was spent on the Moon's surface, and thus, not in it's orbit.

• Phil
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Thanks. However that is time spent, not number of orbits . I have since checked  at it is Evens with a total of 75 orbits , Mattingly did abut 65 orbits.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Probably the Apollo XIII astronauts 

• ...Show all comments
    • ANDRE L
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The Apollo 13 spacecraft NEVER went into Lunar orbit. They merely went around the farside of the Moon and continued back to Earth after that course change due to whipping around one side of the Moon.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Google is your friend.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Probably one of our secret military astronauts.

https://sofrep.com/fightersweep/americas-first-spa...

• ANDRE L
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

None of whom ever left Earth orbit.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.