Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 5 months ago

How can I help my Schizophrenic Mom?

I am 17 years old and I live with my mom and my younger sister. Throughout the years my mom has always been very irritable, paranoid, and she just seems to be imagining thing. I always thought she was just trying to pick fights with people and provoke them but lately I've been noticing that she really believes herself. I've been doing A LOT of research and even tested a lot of situations out on her , and I think there is like a 99% chance she is schizophrenic. Recently she started believing that i'm doing deals with the devil to plot against her. I literally do not what to do. If  argue with her and tell her shes crazy she accuses me of more. If I stay silent she get's in my face, tries to provoke me saying I'm acting in guilty behavior.  I don't know what to do. If i tell her to get medical help. she would accuse me of plotting against her when I really just want to help. Please give me advice on how to deal with her, and who I have to talk to, to make sure she get's help.

I know that there is more than a 99% chance that you don't have the proper training to tell whether someone is schizophrenic.  Talk with someone who at least has some professional training in dealing with mental health issues, perhaps your own medical doctor or a guidance counselor at school.

• Maxi

There must be mental health services and mental health charities where you live, so you need to get in touch with those and ask their advice