Can I afford a $150,000 house?

I'm 24 and currently live with my parents. I live in OK and work as an RN and make $23/hr, or about $1900 biweekly before taxes and $1400 AFTER taxes. I have $53,000 in my savings account currently with no debt whatsoever. 

My credit score is 753. 

• Maxi

Yes you potentially could get a mortgage to purchase a property costing $150k, you need to find the right property and go and speak to a mortgage broker about a mortgage

{Gave up on extra schooling, huh ?} Put $30k down to avoid PMI (private mortgage insurance) and you can afford the house (although it may be a bit of a stretch at first). But I advise - the longer you can live at home, the better. You will save up more money, and the rumor is housing prices will drop due to CV. But if you find exactly what you want, go for it. See mortgage calculators in excel, google, or business calculators.

• Judy

If you put about $12,000 down, you probably can.