Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 4 months ago

Do abusers ever come to their senses of how much they are hurting a victim or do they keep going?

in my experience...even if they stop abusing---they find some way to justify the pain they've caused to others--I don't think empathy is something they posses, ever.

Most of the time they keep going

I know someone who has passed out abuse in some form or the other for 72 years. Nothing changes.  Ignoring that person is the way to go.

• martin

Many abusers must find a way to feel justified doing as they do, perhaps believing that their lives were difficult, while the lives of their victims were easier and made it so that the victims did not understand or sympathize with the abusers.

hopefully some of them do