Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 5 months ago

Can anyone relate to this?

I have Asperger's, and I've always struggled with change, and I have been thinking lately about becoming vegan, but at the same time I don't know how I'd cope, as even thinking about it too much makes me stressed, and I've eaten animal products all my life so I would struggle to cope with such a big change like that really. I feel like I'm against animal cruelty though, as I could never kill an animal myself, I can't watch slaughterhouse videos, or wear real animal fur or skins, yet despite all this I still eat animal products, and like I said I do struggle with change. I was just wondering if there was any chance at all anyone here could relate to this, I know I'm gonna get a lot of people calling me a hypocrite though.

The thing is I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing either vegetarian or vegan things, I was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me here.

So buy local raised meat, eggs and dairy instead of the mass produced stuff.  Free ranged animals live a better life than the ones raised for mass production

It’s not easy for many, yet they’re true to their convictions about animal cruelty and endure it 

• You don't need to do all or none. Certainly not to start with. Do a slow transition to vegetarian and see how that goes. If you are comfortable there, then move on to vegan. 

All those labels are meaningless - just do as much as you can that you are both comfortable with and makes you feel like you are doing the right things.

EDIT: No, I don't have Aspergers. No, I am not trying to transition to veganism. But my point was that you can still make a difference even without becoming vegan or vegetarian. Buy humanely raised and slaughtered meat from local farms. Cut back on your meat eating - if you eat it every day, start out with just one meatless day.