Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 5 months ago

Can anyone relate to this?

I have Asperger's, and I've always struggled with change, and I have been thinking lately about becoming vegan, but at the same time I don't know how I'd cope, as even thinking about it too much makes me stressed, and I've eaten animal products all my life so I would struggle to cope with such a big change like that really. I feel like I'm against animal cruelty though, as I could never kill an animal myself, I can't watch slaughterhouse videos, or wear real animal fur or skins, yet despite all this I still eat animal products, and like I said I do struggle with change. I was just wondering if there was any chance at all anyone here could relate to this, I know I'm gonna get a lot of people calling me a hypocrite though.

Update:

The thing is I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing either vegetarian or vegan things, I was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me here.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favourite answer

So buy local raised meat, eggs and dairy instead of the mass produced stuff.  Free ranged animals live a better life than the ones raised for mass production

• 5 months ago

It’s not easy for many, yet they’re true to their convictions about animal cruelty and endure it 

• You don't need to do all or none. Certainly not to start with. Do a slow transition to vegetarian and see how that goes. If you are comfortable there, then move on to vegan. 

All those labels are meaningless - just do as much as you can that you are both comfortable with and makes you feel like you are doing the right things.

EDIT: No, I don't have Aspergers. No, I am not trying to transition to veganism. But my point was that you can still make a difference even without becoming vegan or vegetarian. Buy humanely raised and slaughtered meat from local farms. Cut back on your meat eating - if you eat it every day, start out with just one meatless day. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.