Why doesn't my boss ever go to bat for me?

My boss' boss tends to have the habit of changing the way he wants things all the time. Because of that he complains to my boss about the work our team does, even though we did according to the way he wanted it last time. He changed the way he wants it now and because it's not done to his liking, my work is no good. So he complains to my boss and all my boss does is throw me under the bus. Rather than tell his boss that I did something a certain way because that was how he wanted it last time, he would say that I did it because I don't listen and follow directions. He does this every time and it's annoying. And the worse part about it is that his boss doesn't confront me about it and give me a chance to explain myself. He would just ask my boss and my boss just throws me under the bus like that and that's it.

Why does my boss do this? I'm not asking him to fight with his boss, but just explain why I did something a certain way rather than just says I did it because I don't listen. Why won't he ever go to bat for me?

• TB12

You're boss is a butt kisser, he's looking out for himself and if that means tossing you under the bus, then so be it.

A lot of bosses don't really do anything and make stupid changes that don't need doing so it looks like they are doing something, they have to justify why they are there because they have a boss over them.

Become Boss or Bosses Boss and you can do things however you want.