Why does my Dell laptop lose connection?

I have a Dell Inspiron 13-7378 laptop that is about 2.5 years old. Recently, it has been having an issue where it disconnects from wifi and says "no connections available" on the taskbar. I know it is not a problem with the wifi because my phone never disconnects. Usually my laptop will reconnect in about a minute, but sometimes I have to restart my laptop. For the last few days, it has been doing it about 3-5 times a day. What is causing this, and can it be repaired?

• David

You may be getting interference from neighbouring wireless signals.

1)Change the broadcast channel on the router to channel to a less congested one than the current. You can download netstumbler or inssider (google them) and they will display the broadcast channels of any neighbouring wifi networks

2)Turn off any baby alarms cordless phones wireless doorbells as these use the same 2.4Ghz frequency

3)Update the firmware of the router and drivers for your PC/laptop

4)if you are at the limits of the wifi range consider a wifi mesh system or moving closer to the router

5) Poor quality router and/or wifi adapter. This is especially true of ISP supplied routers and cheap laptops that have N150 wifi cards fitted

Well, are you within the signal?