Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 5 months ago

So 2nd Stimulus payment is pretty much a done deal... how much are we getting?

I still ant got my first and am on as I so who cares

• RICK

Not even close to a done deal

The senate has said if there is another stimulus  package it will be geared to businesses,  individuals  probably  won't get any

It's not even being discussed or negotiated until after the end of May. It's not a done deal at all. 

It's a long way from a done deal.

• Judy

Far from a done deal. but will probably be something, maybe similar to the first one

Its not a done deal - far from it. The bill that passed the house has absolutely ZERO chance of becoming law.

Its possible that the senate will gut the bill and pass something that still provides a stimulus to US Citizens without the pork and without payments to illegals. But that would have to go back to the house for approval and then would have to go to the president for signature.

So its anything BUT a done deal.

Nothing until just before the election if Trump has anything to say about it. To him, it's a good way to buy votes with taxpayer money.

It's not a done deal yet but Trump and his economic advisers have said they are open to second stimulus payments. I think it'll be another $1200 for most folks.

It passed the House - just barely with several Dems and all the Repubs against it.  It has not come up for vote in the Senate.  Trump has stated he will veto it.  Not enough votes to override.

I probably would not consider that "all but done."