How to build a simple pool?

I want to build an above ground pool, something that can be taken down and put away in storage. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something that I can relax in on a hot day. I'm thinking of building a frame and putting a large tarp in it to create the pool, but I don't know what to build the frame with. What can I use for an inexpensive frame?

Above ground pools have metal frames for a reason. The pressure of the water against the outsides requires something that will hold.  you'd do better to get one of those inflatable pools, it will do what you want, can be put away when not in use.  You can get them with or without the filter and pump.  They cost between about $250 and $600 and can be as deep as 36-42 inches. 

• y

Limber cost and all that jazz will be the same if not more, then one of those little intex type pools. They seem to be popping up in everyone's yard only, many don't seem to understand how to maintain a pool. Then they let their kids swim in that nasty thing.

Put a hole in the ground and fill'er up with chlorinated water. BOOM