Anonymous

What is your opinion on America?

Mostly culturally and politically, but it could be anything you want to say.

I love America! I have a flag on my front porch, and believe in the Constitution of the United States.  I respect anyone that has a different view or opinion, and I don't judge others by their Race, Culture, Political, and or Religious beliefs.

• Ann

Greatest country in the world despite several of it's citizens. One of the great things about it is that people are free to move in and out of the country. So, if one hates the country, one is not obligated to stay. 

Racist country that HATE so called black people specially. So called black people are the majority on the world. The so called white who are RED BY THE WAY SKIN WISE ARE THE MINORITY 

Freest country in the world...

That it represents a kind of averaging out of the human race and is behaving as a "top nation" generally would, although it's currently losing out to China.

It's not perfect but it's my home and I have to support it regardless.

• jimmy

It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

• Craig

The USA is a forerunner for the West - leading the way in the exploration of how people might govern themselves and all get along despite being different from each other.  It has been a great place to live - the government isn't oppressive, the people are generally friendly, and the economy allows a very high standard of living (compared objectively to all other parts of the world averaged together).  It's got a couple problems, though:

#1  Its people don't really understand how they fit into the global economy, and where that's going to lead them over the next 100 years.  They generally see themselves as the center of all economic activity on the planet, forever.  They generally don't bother asking themselves how that could possibly be the case...other than citing the magic-based idea that they are God's Chosen, or "exceptional" people.  This lack of understanding is a recipe for serious trouble.

#2  Their population is growing (having doubled in my lifetime) but the Things Of Value (goods & services) that they can offer the world is getting smaller and smaller.  This is very straightforward arithmetic, but none of their leaders want to address this in any meaningful way.  Their politicians try to exploit it by saying "the people need jobs" but of course this is a distraction.  They don't need "jobs" - they need to produce more goods and services that are attractive to Asians, Europeans, South Americans, and Africans - but there seems to be no motivation.  Until they start selling new goods and services, they will have no "jobs" to do.

As a result, even though it's a great country, and a very nice place to visit or even dwell right now - that will unfortunately, inexorably change for the worse.  And because most Americans won't understand what is happening to them, it could get very ugly, indeed.  (Their present Head of State will seem a harbinger.)

I like America. I think it’s easy to make it for those who attain the right skill set and want to succeed. I don’t care about all this media crap. I’m black and do very well here..