Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Is it odd for a guy to never wear socks?

I know a lot of women do this but is it strange for a guy to almost never wear socks?  I am not preppy nor do I  live in a tropical climate.  I mainly wear sneakers and a couple different kind of boots, in warmer weather sport slides and boat shoes( outside of work). I just hate the way they feel on my feet, they make them itch and the seams along with the band bothering my legs, I just go without and have done so for quite awhile. I only wear socks a few times of the year if that. Is this odd?

Well in a way yes. My girlfriend's son never wears socks in his sneakers, and once I asked why he does not wear socks, he simply told me he don't like them.  

• TH

Depends the occasion.  

socks are the devils work.   So is black licorice.  No it's not odd unless you got tile or hardwood floors

No it is not odd, I also almost never wear socks in my sneakers even in the cold winter months because I hate wearing socks Been doing this for at least 36 years. 

It was the thing when I was in college way-back:  penny loafers and no socks.  It was awful - uncomfortable, your shoes fell off, shoes got nasty, etc. ..... but we thought we were cool.  Thank goodness we have "no show" socks now.

Now the only shoes I enjoy without socks are Cons All-Star hi-tops - comfy and absorbent.........I think most people today wouldn't think anything about a guy in sneaks without socks - but would look weird with good shoes.

• Name Withheld

Dittos to the hi-top Cons for sockless:  made to be sweat in and brings back that great locker-room smell !!