Are some hand sanitizers better than others?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I will read the alcohol content.

Some are 70% some are higher.In theory higher concentration it is, the better is germ kill:https://tinyurl.com/ybv6ta45

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

If the alcohol content is high enough they will all do the practical job of killing pathogens.

BEside that its personal preference of additives for scent or things that prevent it irritating etc.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Provided they all have at least 62% alcohol and above content in them, I don’t see why there’s gonna be any significant difference between the sanitizers.

• Olive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yea cause some are lower alcohol content in them. Make sure its atleast 63 percent and up cause anything lower according to CDC dosent do anything. Otherwise they pretty much all have alcohol and aloe gel and fragrance oils in them

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • D1218
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The answer is yeah. Some will dry your skin out too much.

• F
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

The ones that dry your skin too much are 62%+ alcohol, i.e the ones that kill the virus.

• 1 month ago

Yes. As per the reports, the ideal alcohol concentration level is between 60-95%. Those hand sanitizers that have less than 60% alcohol content are not very effective. So make sure that whichever hand sanitizer you buy, its alcohol concentration is over 60%

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.