How can I become a publicist in film & television?

Hey! I’m currently 19 years old and studying Communications in Melbourne, specifically Public Relations. 

As cinema is my absolute passion, my dream is to work in its management, but I have no idea how to pursue this. I’d also be interested in following sports, politics, modelling or just general talent management.

I’d like to get as high up as I can in order to flourish in my efforts, and I currently work 2 cleaning jobs whilst I study, so what type of alternative occupation would be more relevant?

Literally willing to hear any advice, no matter how big or small.

*Deeply inspired by Ari Gold of Entourage*

Blurt something out and work from there.

You could start as a personal assistant to someone famous (or even semi-famous) in film or tv. You’ll get some exposure to what’s what and who’s who in the industry.  I’ve read it’s been a foot in the door for some successful producers & publicists.  Or the dreaded “production assistant” on a film or tv show.  Basically a pair of hands to do grunt work like get coffee for someone or setup the catering table. But again, you are at least around the business and have the chance to soak up some knowledge. 

nice.. could you not do lefty crap... cause theres already so much of it... conservatives and libertarians wouldn't mind more normal type of films and not the sjw crap that keeps popping up everywhere... remember "the edge"... not a lot of sjw crap in that film... satisfying.. you know what i mean...

Start by uploading yor self made videos to YouTube for a while , pay attention to

the talk backs

Best wishes

Elico