John asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 4 months ago

Is it dangerous to spray Roundup Garden Weed Killer Fast Action 1l on and around large pine trees?

I am currently renting a property that has large mature pine trees. Under the trees we get quite a lot of weeds that I need to take care of. Would Roundup Garden Weed Killer Fast Action 1l have any sort of effect of these trees or am I safe to use it around them? 

I wouldn't use it.

It's harmful to aquatic environments and recently there have been questions raised regarding harmful effects on humans.

Also, I have an electrical station on my property and the electrical company spray Round-Up there at least once a year. Funnily enough, my trees and bushes closest to it have all died, even though they did not spray directly on them. Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

• Tavy

Banned in the U.K. it's dangerous, pull up the weeds by hand.

The company is being sued by thousands of people for deaths attributed to that drug even though for years they said it was harmless. Use something else or mow the weeds and over-seed with grass.

I should not have thought it would affect a tree if you don't spray its leaves or roots. It is not that toxic to weeds either since they cut back on the glyphosate formulation.