Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why did he contact me after 3 months?

I had a boyfriend that I broke up with about 3 months ago because I thought he partied and drank too much, did drugs and had way too many girls on his social media.

When we were going out we used to communicate through WhatsApp. He only downloaded WhatsApp to communicate with me because It’s the app I prefer to use and told me I was the only contact on there he had which I know is true because I used WhatsApp on his phone to send stuff to myself.I still use WhatsApp everyday because I talk in group chats everyday and I talk to my other contacts that also have the app.For the past 2 months we haven’t seen or talked to each other. Though ever since we have broken up I have seen him on WhatsApp at least once a week, I’m pretty sure he’s checking up on me.I would possibly consider getting back together with him if I was sure he had changed but I know that will never happen.This morning he texted me for the first time in months saying he found my umbrella at his house and would leave it at my workplace. I told him to throw it away since it was broken.I don’t get why he felt the need to return an umbrella when it’s been months of us not talking. If I found an umbrella of his I would have just put it in the bin and not worried about it letting him know since he wouldn’t have known about it anyway.At the end of the break up we both said we wanted to be friends.He also said he hoped I was well in the message. Why did he contact me after 2 months?

Favorite Answer

He's feeling lonely and thinking about you.  The feeling won't last though, it will come and go.  He's not ready yet.  Give it some years.

• Orla C

Maybe he's hoping to get back to you? Just speculation here. If you want to know why he's in contact, maybe you should ask him. 

But if you think it's inviting trouble back into your life, it might be wiser to block him on your phone. 

He only wants to sleep with you... he'll do it if you let him and he will show up every two to three months of no contact to sleep with you again.

• Jane

You say you would throw him out like a broken umbrella, yet you retain an interest in his message, as if it is significant to you. If you had zero interest, you would not even ask this question, as it not uncommon for ex's to try to make contact.So, you just ghost, block etc if you have truly moved on

Stay strong.

Your feelings are going to want him and be curious to why he's contacting you bc you're hoping he wants you.

If he cared and was genuine, in a heartbeat he would have made the changes you needed.

You should do a marathon watching Matthew Hussey. It works when I need to come to my senses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKfeDC28oiU

Youtube thumbnail

maybe he misses you

There could be a number of reasons why he contacted you, but that is actually irrelevant because he is not the guy for you and you will not be involving yourself with his lifestyle again. Do not allow yourself to get sucked back in.

Because he found your umbrella and it would have been rude to just throw it away without asking if you wanted it back. 

You'd have to ask him .. But personally wouldn't give a 2nd chance to a drunk party animal

why? because he is still heart broken.... and I think it seems you miss him.   You are still thinking about him a lot.   BUT I had a GF like him.   She went clubbing too much and I broke up with her since it was not a love relationship.  It was more like a friend zone because she spent too much time with her friend.