Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 5 months ago

What gadget should I get my girlfriend?

I am planning to visit her this August (or worst case scenario, mail it to her) but I am rather unsure what to get her. 

I want it to be a surprise, she has a regular iPad and I was maybe thinking of getting her the iPad Pro, but I'm not sure if that is worth it. I know she isn't too big on games (she enjoys simple ones like pacman,Mario,those Facebook games that you challenge your friends in Facebook,etc) but I was also thinking maybe of a PS4 (I was mainly thinking this because if she doesn't use the game aspect, she could still use it for things like spotify, YouTube, blu ray, etc) or a switch/switch lite.

If neither options are worth getting for her, is an Apple Watch any good? Or is there maybe a Star Wars or pig related gadget (she likes Star Wars and pigs [lol] a lot) that is notable getting? 

A traditional gift for this might be a watch.

Buy her a Sybian

get her a vibrator, my cousin says its very useful gadget

You can’t buy love with expensive gifts. 

And those who already love you can feel overwhelmed and obligated by unsolicited really expensive gifts.

Almost nobody needs an iPad Pro, and even if they’re like me and actually do, there’s quite a range of choices: two sizes, two colours, four different storage capacities and wifi only or wifi plus cellular. Guess that wrong and it’s an expensive waste of money. Many regular iPad users also find the Pro models to be simply too large and too heavy, but also to be too much of a theft risk.

Again, getting her an expensive console which she won’t use much is foolish. Apart from playing BluRay discs you can get almost all of the non-game functions using a simple and fairly cheap Fire TV stick (or similar Roku/Chrome products) which can easily be carried around and plugged into many TVs.

I suggest keeping it cheap and simple: a thoughtful cheap gift is FAR better than an expensive obligation.

Buy her a Star Wars plush toy, and if you can find one anywhere make it a Gamorrean (the species of those Pig guards). Or as they’re not that cute get her a Baby Yoda or a remote control BB-8 (although the novelty of those BB-8 toys quickly wears off). And when you see her take her out to dinner somewhere that you know she likes: again, it doesn’t have to be expensive, it just has to show that you’re in tune with the things she actually likes.

If she loves you then it’s YOU that she mostly wants. And if she’s the type who’s only interested in guys with expensive cars, fat rolls of cash, and who buy her lots of expensive stuff then that ain’t love. That’s a gold-digging whore. And they’ll dump and totally ghost you in a flash when the next guy with more money than sense turns up.

a pocket rocket

Get her a Hitachi Wand

• Mier

Casually ask to get a good idea.