Would you hire a wedding photographer if they had piercings and tattoos?

I'm starting out as a wedding photographer. I have many years experience. I have two nose piercings, lip piercing and multiple ear piercings.

• 1 week ago

I can't speak for other people, but if I was to get married again I'd probably hire you. As I have multiple piercings and tattoos myself. However the most important thing is, are you a professional and are you good at your job? That, to me is far more important than what you look like. 

Plus if guests at my wedding are offended by piercings and or tattoos they would not have been invited to my wedding in the first place. 

• Megumi

No, I certainly would not. since many people would be offended, including me. Getting tattoos and piercing is a selfish indulgence of whims to the infantile level. What sane person wants tattoos and piercings? 

Of course, it's not all about appearance. If you are good at taking pictures and have a good reputation then yes, I would hire a photographer no matter how they looked depending on their rep.

Hope this helped!

If the tattoos were good, yes. /facepalm- those are irrelevant on whether not one is a good photographer.

• LM440

I would hire a photographer based on their experience and reputation.  I would never consider tattoos and piercing for a reason to hire or not.

I would judge a wedding photographer on their previous wedding photography. As you say you're just starting out, how would I know whether you're any good or not?

At this point I wouldn't hire you - someone with no previous portfolio, AND with tattoos and piercings, would turn me off.

But if you did have a good portfolio of previous wedding photographs, then I wouldn't let the tattoos and piercings put me off.

• -

People will always judge others by their appearance, not all but some will and because of it you will get hired. That's life mate

• kelvin

yes i would and that should have nothing to do with your work experience

• Sandra K

Anybody who insists upon doing something that repulses lots of people is likely to do more such stuff. 

• Dr. D

If I had to make a quick decision between a clean classy person and another person with multiple piercings and tattoos, well, I would pick the clean classy person. 

• Rick

that should restrict your customers ...........................