Would you discipline your child for dumping water on someone?

I've heard of cases where kids would do these things to other kids while they're playing with each other. However even though water can't really harm them or their clothing, I still don't think this is very nice to dump water on someone even if you're just playing. As for the question, yes I would discipline my own kids if they did that. I would have made them apologize to the other child and taken away one of their favorite privileges such as dessert but I'd also talk to them about having respect for other people before disciplining them. So would you discipline your child for this behavior?

Yup!

This behavior is not ok under any kind of 

situation & said child then needs to be scolded

+ have things taken away for quite some time

too, yo !!

>[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Well it depends on a lot of things. Was that the agreed upon game or a well matured prank? or was it a deliberate attempt to upset or bully another child. In the first instance, i'd let it go. If the child was upset about it however, then I would explain to my child that although it was not meant to upset them it had and they should apologise as well as remembering to consider that others may not find things as funny and playful as them. However for the second instance then I would firmly talk to my child about respecting others etc and ask them to apologise. 

• Charlie1 month agoReport

Oh well to be honest If it was part of a game that's completely different. I'm talking about dumping water on someone even though the person doesn't like it.

• Elle

Praise be to the doctor's who wrote "Parenting With Love and Logic". Please watch their videos or listen to their CDs and empower your self to be what? A parent that your kids will love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPnrgqGSoY0

Youtube thumbnail

• Rick

As it's 125 degrees outside right now, I wouldn't .......................

• Charlie1 month agoReport

Even then the person can just drink the water or have a water balloon fight in the backyard, they don't need to have it dumped on them and besides that most people still wouldn't want to have water dumped on them.