brianna asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

I’m trying to get a new car? ?

I’m trying to get a new car but the thing is I don’t have any credit and my dads credit isn’t good. What can I do? 

You won't be getting a new car unless you save up cash. Or if you start building credit maybe in a few years you might qualify for a used car. Assuming you have the needed income. And you probably don't.

• User

You can save up until you can afford a new car.

If you need a car now

buy a used car, a reliable model, to use while you save money for the new car.

• n2mama

Pay cash. I certainly hope you mean a new to you car, not a brand new car. You can shop around, but if you have to finance a car and have no credit and no good co-signer you may end up at a car lot that specializes in bad credit situations. You will pay a much higher interest rate for your loan, may need to make weekly payments, and as soon as you are late or miss a payment they will repo your car. Good luck.

Buying a used car is probably your only option.

Build your credit.

Start with some small credit cards or a contract phone, pay them on time, evert time..

Get a loan on a used care for now and make the payments on it.. That will build your credit.. No it won't be brand new, but it will be much easier to get a 6-10k loan, especially if you have a decent down payment.