Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is it fair for my Mom to keep me grounded for something I said months ago? Here's what happened...?

Four months ago, before the coronavirus thing happened, my Mom and I took a plane trip back to San Diego where we live.

While on the airplane, the flight attendant asked me, "Would you like some nuts?"

I was trying to be funny so I laughed and told her, "No thanks. Would you like mine?"

I was JUST joking. Hell, even the flight attendant smiled and just went about her way.

However, my Mom was super mad and she took away all of my video games and T.V out of my room.

So my sisters get to play video games, but I'm still stuck with nothing.

It's been 4 months and I told her how sorry I was, but she's still not budging.

We're going through a coronavirus thing so I need something to do while I'm home.

Got my games back last night lol

• Lily
    Favorite Answer

Just go through your mom's room and take them back. Her behavior is downright ridiculous and eye rolling. She needs to grow up. 1) She's holding a grudge over something that happened months ago. 2) I've been grounded for far less time for things way more serious than that. Hell, the most I've ever been grounded is probably 1 week, 2 weeks tops. I think I was only ever really grounded once or twice in my life when I was a kid.

• swiftchick_123

He would enter my room and remove anything I would get them back and destroy them right in front of him.  You do not take anything out of your parents room.  But if the stewardess wanted to she could have sued.  Grow up and give him advice he can use not get beat to death with.

This made me burst out laughing.  That was brilliant!  Although you got b***s pulling that stunt in front of mum!

You should just ask her how long you're grounded for - but be extra nice with tea and breakfast in bed and stuff.  

The problem wasn't what you said, but the fact that you embarrassed your mother.  Other old people be thinking "who brought up that child".

You'd be a legend to hang out with though.  Just don't be stupid to embarrass mum like that.

• And don't steal the games -- it'll just make the problem worse WHEN she finds out.

You were 'very' rude, it was not a joke, kid!  In your post, I don't see what you have learned from that incident- you basically apologized because you wanted get back the games. Don't ever do again to others!

Why was your mom displeased?I see nothing wrong with "What about MY nuts?"And what did she introduce to press upon you?

Get your Mom some flowers and do some extra chores. And keep apologizing .

You sexually harassed an airline steward and expect sympathy? Get s ******* job and buy your own video game ****, Retard. 

if you are under 18 there is nothing you can do about it

Omg...she isn't doing right.Can't you just talk to her and make her realize?I wouldn't have stop explaining about it untill she gives it back

it dont sound fair to me either

I call boyhood fantasy, troll, b*llsh*t.

Your turn -

• Ah yes. The boyhood fantasy of... being grounded from all his things. 

Don't believe you.  Come up with a better story.