I have a DVD/VCR player/recorder,when I insert a tape,it plays for a few seconds,then the unit shuts off,and the tape is ejected.?

There's an R next to the tape counter,that I never seen before.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The "r" next to the tape counter resets the counter number.   Look on the front of the machine for a larger button with an arrow that points to your left.  Put the tape in and quickly push that button till it locks down.  It'll take 3 or 4 minutes to completely rewind the tape and it will stop when it's done.  THEN push the large "play" button to see the movie.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

There is a square hole on the back left edge of the tape cartridge. cover it with scotch tape. The unit might be set to record which wont allow an unrecordable tape to enter

• 1 month ago

That sounds like the take-up spool may not be turning properly and it makes the machine react as if it is at the end of the tape.

It may need new drive belts, a new take-up clutch or just a general service.

Fast-winding the tape end to end a couple of times may free it up enough to work, if the machine has not failed completely.

• 1 month ago

Try to rewind tape, then play.

Try another tape that is new.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It needs to be serviced by a professional. 

• Mark
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Could be at the end of the tape.  Rewind.

If that doesn't work, try another tape to see if it's an issue w/ that tape.  If all do it, it likely is a problem with the tape mechanism.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.