Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 4 months ago

Do you ever tip more than 20%? ?

I do 20% at restaurants unless the service is exceptional but for beauty stuff and the couple tattoos I have, I usually tip a bit more. What about you? 

In general, I think 20% is high.

Yesterday, I tipped 30%.

• F

Tipping should be outlawed and employers forced to pay a decent wage. I don’t do my supermarket shop and give the checkout person £20, so why am I expected to do it at a restaurant . The menu prices should be what you pay. In other situations, advertising one price and then charging you 20% extra would be illegal.

I know it’s “optional” but in reality esp in USA it’s anything but.

• Kate

20% sounds outrageous. I don't tip at all if the service does not warrent it.

• East

Yes, I really like my Great Clips location (barber) and have tipped up to 100%.  Usually do 20% or more, particularly for haircuts, etc.

• GFH

I sometimes tip 25-percent for exceptional service 

Yes, same as you

• Barry

Nope. They are lucky to get more than 10%.

I usually only tip what is well deserved. Sometimes 20 percent. Other times it is less than that

never have, never will. Tats, Id leave a penny. Not a single person ever looked better with a tramp stamp.

Not typically but I do at times.