Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

My car has 308k miles on it should I fix it or get a used car from a dealer ship ?

if it still runs sell it on the LET GO app. Buy a used vehicle from a private party. 

308? Really? If it still runs good, why would you replace it? If you buy a used car, make sure it has maintenance records.

• Eastside Guz

My car has 323,000 + miles on it and still runs extremely good. I like what Kaz told you too.

• Kaz

That depends on whats wrong with it.  If it's an expensive repair - probably not worth putting more money into it.  You'd probably get a better deal buying a used car privately than from a dealer.  

What, you want to know how to take those miles out of the car? You never said anything needed to be fixed, so if it's running well and is still safe to drive, it's up to you what you do. Look in your wallet. If you see $20,000- $60,000, go buy a new car. Do it today. Maybe you should ask the guy driving a car with 500K miles on it.

• Scott

I wouldn't put any money into a car with 308k on it. If it was a cat, it's already used up 8 of its 9 lives.

Buy a vehicle with less than 50,000 miles.

Very few cars make it to that many miles without a major overhaul of engine and transmission. The interior is probably rotten and smells like butt, too.

You've gotten your use out of that car.  What does your mechanic say about its condition?

My crystal ball says - you haven't told us what is wrong with it or how much it will cost to repair. 

• M.

👍

• Barry

Trade it in. It has to be close to expiry with that mileage.