Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

My car has 308k miles on it should I fix it or get a used car from a dealer ship ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

if it still runs sell it on the LET GO app. Buy a used vehicle from a private party. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

308? Really? If it still runs good, why would you replace it? If you buy a used car, make sure it has maintenance records.

• Eastside Guz
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

My car has 323,000 + miles on it and still runs extremely good. I like what Kaz told you too.

• Kaz
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That depends on whats wrong with it.  If it's an expensive repair - probably not worth putting more money into it.  You'd probably get a better deal buying a used car privately than from a dealer.  

• 1 month ago

What, you want to know how to take those miles out of the car? You never said anything needed to be fixed, so if it's running well and is still safe to drive, it's up to you what you do. Look in your wallet. If you see $20,000- $60,000, go buy a new car. Do it today. Maybe you should ask the guy driving a car with 500K miles on it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I wouldn't put any money into a car with 308k on it. If it was a cat, it's already used up 8 of its 9 lives.

• 1 month ago

Buy a vehicle with less than 50,000 miles.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Very few cars make it to that many miles without a major overhaul of engine and transmission. The interior is probably rotten and smells like butt, too.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You've gotten your use out of that car.  What does your mechanic say about its condition?

• 1 month ago

My crystal ball says - you haven't told us what is wrong with it or how much it will cost to repair. 

• M.
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

👍

• Barry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Trade it in. It has to be close to expiry with that mileage.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.