Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 1 month ago

Who else loves the airport ambiance? And flying on planes?

Waking up early in the morning to go to the air port, the smell of fresh brewing coffee coming from the little cafe's and restaurants, the sound of the suit cases rolling around, the sun rays beaming in from the big windows. Its so nice😌

Whats your opinion on airports?

1 day ago

I enjoy the airport more going on vacation than going to airport to come home but then I just want to be back home.

• RICK

Airports suck

Flying isn't too bad

I enjoy it. Quite a bit. 

As I was the one brewing that fresh coffee first thing in the morning it was a JOB.

Being in Airports many times per week not quite the same as just using them to get to your vacation place, your concert, your wedding, your job interview......

It will be a long day when the First flights get delayed by overnight issues.

I don't really love the airport in general. I'm always worried that I'll miss my plane, have troubles in security, my flight will be delayed, etc. And the food/drinks are far too expensive. However, if I can access one of the lounges it makes the experience much much better. As far as airplanes, I love the convenience and idea of flying but the actual flight is not something I particularly enjoy. Now, if I could be in first class every flight that might be a different story.

• John

Lots of people love the airport experience, you are not alone.For me the shine has worn off a bit but I still like them once I get past the practicalities of getting through them. People go and sit in them just to watch the people come and go. I particularly noticed in Munich airport there is an entirely different set of people than in American airports. Russian, eastern European, black people tend to be truly African of one nationality or another. Real interesting.

I live near Atlanta so the one that I use is Hartsfield International Airport.

It is the world's busiest airport. Consequently, it's not all that much fun. Over 100 million people pass through it each year. In 2018 it was 107 million. The reason has a lot to do with the fact that it's within a two-hour flight of 80% of the US population and is both a connecting hub and a port of entry into North America

• David B.

Lilian; Don't get me wrong. Hartsfield is a great airport it's just so crowded most of the time!