Have you ever had an encounter with a ghost/spirit/demon?

• 3 days ago

ghost: yes

spirit: same as ghost (now considered a racist term FYI)

demon: Just ghosts with daddy issues (probably due to confused sexual preference)

Why do you feel ghost don't exist? Is this because you have never seen one? There so much in this world that exist that we haven't seen. I'm not here to say you are right or wrog but just do think. If we have seen a demon wouldn't be put in a mental hospital? But many religious beliefs say exist. Just something else to think about.

Source(s): Life
  • Paul

Ghosts don't exist. Spirits, in the form of angels and demons, do exist, and we do have encounters with them, whether we realize it or not, however they do not have physical bodies, so we cannot see them.

No - and neither has anyone else, because they are imaginary.

Every single person who claims to have had an experience with the 'supernatural' is either lying, exaggerating, or inferring reasons for events that have simple (and mundane) explanations.

There are a variety of reasons that an individual might feel compelled to do this.  Seeking attention is probably the most common reason someone might make it up - but for those who actually think they have had 'experiences', being indoctrinated from early childhood to believe in supernatural entities has a lot to do with it.

Undiagnosed and/or untreated mental illness/chemical imbalance/etc., as well as use of drugs (both prescribed and illicit) can cause people to have hallucinations, and there are any number of tricks of light/shadow/etc. that can cause someone who isn't skeptical to think they are seeing things.

People who have claimed to see objects 'float' or be 'thrown across the room' are guaranteed to be lying (these stories are usually in tandem with claims that they were using a 'Ouija Board' or some other nonsense).

There is a phenomena called 'infrasound' (low frequency vibrations below the human hearing range <20hz) that has been shown to have effects on humans - the first instance I read about was a man in a laboratory who had a fencing sword (epee) that he had in a vice to work on - and he noticed that the tip was vibrating noticeably.

People had reported 'seeing things' in that lab - but it turned out to be a fan in an HVAC unit that was out of balance and causing ultra-low frequency vibrations - that could actually vibrate the eyes of people in the lab and trick their peripheral vision into thinking they were seeing dark shapes.  The unit was repaired, and the reports stopped.

One explanation people have for the 'visions' (as well as reports of 'demon possession' - many of which were due to mental illness too)  that people in ancient times had (assuming that the stories in books like the Judeo-Christian 'Bible' weren't just completely made up to begin with) is the unwitting consumption of 'ergot' (a fungal disease of rye and other cereals).

Consumption of ergot can cause a person to have burning sensations in their limbs, muscle spasms,  fever,  and hallucinations.  Sufferers may appear dazed, become manic, and experience tremors/paralysis - and can lead to convulsions, nausea, seizures, vomiting, loss of muscle strength, consciousness, and even death.

• Raja

It is going on everyday in my life and I am thinking that the whole world knows it. Most of those spirits are evil and therefore I am bombarding them everyday.

All I had seen wore white gown. Many encounters, countless times in office, and once in a hotel room.  They like to enter the mirror and partition screen, taking residence there.  Once I saw an old man in my own office room, he was kind of curious and looked at the things on my office table. He looked gentle and kind wearing a smile. I was looking at him from outside my office door but he didn't look at me.  I know him.  

• Dubbs

I've never legitimately seen a demon, so I guess I should count that as a good thing.

As for a ghost, I've only seen one through a form of Sleep Visitation.

Tragically my wife (we were separated) and two of our children (ages 3 and 6) died in a house fire back in December 2010. 

I don't recall ever (as in my whole life) feeling as shattered as I did the weeks following.

Somewhere between 3 or 4 weeks after the fire I had a dream, seeing my 6 year old son, Cameron. As struck as I was to see him, I ran to hold him, but before I reached him I realized I was dreaming... as soon as realized this my consciousness shifted and I was out of the dream... waking up, all I had to do was open my eyes... but a thought jumped into my head saying, "No, stay, you'll never get another chance."

Somehow I found myself back in the dream, standing before my son. I knelt down, wrapped my arms around him and cried, telling him how sorry I was. 

Then he spoke, although he had the same voice it wasn't with the same questioning demeanor of a 6 year old. He spoke with assertion when he said "We're Okay." That's all he said, that's all he needed to say.

Now I'm sure the naysayers on here will dismiss this as a fabrication of my own subconscious just to make myself feel better. But I get a choice in my beliefs and to follow what I feel in my heart. In both cases this was my son.

If they're more comfortable believing in a 5-Sense Reality so be it. But I feel there's something more to this world.

I've had dreams of my grandmother when she died (I was 12) and more recently of my father, which follow the same criteria of most dreams I have. I've dismiss those as simple dreams and nothing more,  because I'm honest with myself on such matters. But something pulled me back into that dream with my son so he could give me a final goodbye.

• Shadow

No because I’m not delusional. Ghosts, spirits and demons belong in horror movies and anyone who believes in these characters have their heads in the movies making them delusional

• TayTay

Ive felt the presence of angels and the holy spirit, pretty sure before demons but they like to cause pain and misery

• Babs

No one has. Those who believe they have are mistaken.