Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 4 months ago

Why do I always get bad grades?

Hello there, i'm a college student and currently in my final year of college, my college life has been terrible and there's nothing to be proud of me as a student because I usually get a bad grade from the exams and my GPA is pretty much disappointing, i do try my best and study harder to get some good scores, but I usually fail and It makes me really upset that feels like I'm just wasting my time in a college, so I'm turning my attention to my professors and blame the, they are a bunch of scums, I guess I will never be moved forwards under them, so what are your tips to improve my GPA? And what are chances to die of them getting  coronavirus ?

When I had a bad professor I made it my goal to try to do good despite that. You can always hit the books instead of depending on his lectures to teach you anything and if you spend enough time in the library you can master the subject matter despite his bad teaching. Also don't wait till the last minute to study for an exam or work on a term paper get way ahead of the game and use overkill to learn more than you have to know. 

You are getting bad grades because of your poor memory. You have to understand the memory technique and apply them in your education full fledged way. 

Troll fail........

I'd recomend asking for a tutor-er or asking a teacher for help If you are studying as hard as you can i'd maybe take notes as doing so then doing whatever homework you have such as reports or anything else

Prof. Gene has a good answer. As someone who taught college math for 20 years. I would add one other thing: If they have tutoring at your school, definitely try out tutoring. If you need to, switch tutor's until you find someone who can help you.

some people do not do well in tests but what you said in your last line will come back to you. they call it karma

wait, your gpa is higher than a 2.0 unless you're in academic probation. 

Look, if you think what you're learning seem trivial, then go to youtube

some people just aren't psychologically suited to the way that colleges teach. there is lots of book learning and little hands on application. that's inherent in the course of study you chose. while you can cast all the blame you want, doing so accomplishes nothing.

Source(s): grampa
  • John

Another anonymous troll.  No one gets to their final year in college while usually failing.

Read (all of) the assigned materials *before* the lecture on the topic. That way you "know what you don't know" and can focus and ask questions if the lectures don't clear it up.

Attend (all of) every lecture, whether or not you feel they're helpful. Take notes.  

Do all homework and assigned problems, even if they're not collected or graded. (Turn in all assignments *on time* -- no excuses.)

About a week to five days before a mid-term exam, reread the chapters it covers, review your homework and make sure you can still answer the questions. Reread the lecture slides and your lecture notes.

If you blame your professors and not yourself, you're not going to get anywhere. Unless the majority of the class is also failing, it can hardly be the professors' fault.

• A

First off, stop blaming other people for your performance. Unless every one in every class is also doing poorly the blame lies with your habits. Studying in a group is helpful as people discuss the subject, do the problems and it is easier to understand and retain. I survived my most difficult classes in math, and accounting, before an exam I would spend the entire evening redoing homework problems, I had the corrected homework so I could check my work and get help with a step, it also let me know which types I needed to practice more with. You can do the same with other subjects or essays. good luck