Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 months ago

I still feel like she stays with me because of what I did to her... how can I get this feeling away?

Me and my girlfriend met for the first time at work. Some times ago a guy used to not let her pass, block her way, laugh and say things like cutie or sweetie to her. When I intervened, tired of seeing her like that and threathened to punch him and his friend if they didn't cut it out, his taller friend came between us and pushed me but she came from behind to restrain him. We got scolded by our manager and I left the job,she did too and we found other jobs. Now we are together and we are planning to get officially engaged. Things are going great and we like each other a lot, for me it was love at first sight, before even this accident with them happened, but for her... I don't know, I think she is with me due to me protecting her and because she feels grateful for what I did, and not for what I am. She's always so cuddly and tender now, always looks at me with that twinkle in her eyes and says I am her prince charming. But I don't know, would have she fallen in love with me if all this didn't happen?

• Trish

You are a Prince Charming and she should Love you for what you did as well as who you are, Prince.  I find it hard to believe you're officially getting engaged and she doesn't know you yet.  Surely you've shown her by now.

you're right, she probably wouldn't have. but you created the opportunity, so what's the big deal? also, you may be jumping too quickly to get engaged. calm down and just date her for a bit

There is no way to know that, unfortunately. 

Who knows.

But - she did. The incident may have been a a catalyst, but it wouldn't be the single reason she's still with you.

Just like fairy tales, the woman falls in love with the prince that saved her. Its an ancient way of becoming a couple.

The incident that happened might have been a catalyst for the two of you getting together but generally women don't agree to marry a man purely out of gratitude. Your protective nature is a part of who you are so I'm sure she loves that part of you but she wouldn't stay if she didn't love other things too. Try to just enjoy your relationship instead of overanalyzing things.