Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 4 months ago

Is a videogame that takes 40 hours to complete a long game?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

No, that's not that long.  There are some games that took me 80 to 100 hours to complete.  I would consider those games long.    

• Jason
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

No, not really.

• 4 months ago

Not all games have that much time, some games don't have that much time

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I say it has mediocre length.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Medium, if it is a game with an actual plot line.  Long if it is a simple shooter in the Doom, Quake, or Hexen category.  Short if it is an epic game in a semi-open world like Skyrim.

• 4 months ago

Completion time frames vary based on the genre, but it's a moderately long game.

Typical timeframes comparisons (excluding speedruns) are...

* Very Short -- 2 hours or less...  typically arcade-style games.

* Short -- 2 - 10 hours

* Moderate -- 10 - 20 hours

* Moderately Long -- 20 - 40 hours

* Long -- 40 - 100 hours

* Very Long -- 100 hours or more

Games that can be typically beaten in a day or a weekend (10 hours or less) are universally considered short & are either indie games with little filler.  Many arcade style beat-em-ups & shoot-em-ups tends to fall into this category, but they can be artificially inflated with high difficulty curves.  Such games tend to have a some type of hook provide high replay value.

Games in the 10 - 40 hour range are considered moderate or average in length & is typically the "sweet spot" for most games.  The only RPG tend to consider this a bit on the short side, depending on the size of the game.

Games in the 40+ range are typically RPG's & massive open-world games that tend to slow-roll their story & have a moderate focus on combat.  Other genres may consider this too long (& detrimental to the game as it may be overly-padded), but could creep up to this if the game has post-story content.

Please be aware that the length of a game is NOT an indication of quality.  One common analogy is that you could have a scoop of high-quality artisanal ice cream (something short, but made extremely well) OR have a gallon of generic, store-brand ice cream (something fairly long, but poorly made).

• 4 months ago

Sort of. In my experience, Some games like far cry can only last about 20 hours. Other games like assassins creed odyssey can take up to 200 if you fully complete it. Which game are you referring to?

• that's so short 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

That's decent, but when compared to a typical RPG. That's very light.

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Depends on the genre, but these days, a good rpg can have 100+ hours to play through once, and multiple endings mean you can play through many times over and get a different experience each time. 40 hours is light by comparison

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.