What can the hospital or ER do for me for severe sinus problems?

Sinus infections are not an emergency.  Go to your primary care doctor or a walk in clinic.

• Andy C

Keep you hydrated, monitor your fluids/nutrients and treat any deficiency.

If the sinuses are infected, they'd be treated immediately with the appropriate treatment.

But if the problem is allergies, you'll just be told to go to an allergist or to your GP. And mail you a $400 bill for that conclusion.

Urgent care is a better bet if it's an emergency.

• Rick B

A sinus infection is not really a medical emergency. You go to the ER for emergent issues. For a sinus infection (even a severe one) you should see your primary care provider or perhaps an urgent care center. Please do not waste the ER resources.

• mokrie

ER or hospitals could probably do nothing. They could refer you to a specialist but so could your own doctor.

• Chris2 months agoReport

I see because the antibiotic I got in my previous trip to the ER a few months ago did practically nothing for me except hurt my stomach quite a bit which obviously didn't benefit me. I don't think its an infection and maybe my jaw pain has something to with it like putting pressure on my sinuses.