Have you ever been watching a TV show or movie and they played a song that fit absolutely perfectly?

What was the song, and what was the TV show or movie?

Please tell about the scene only if you can do so without including any spoilers.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I'll tell you some of my favorites ever, which I recalled just a few days ago

Simon & Garfunkel, "The Sound Of Silence" (and "Mrs. Robinson"), from "The Graduate"

Bernard Herrmann, in "Taxi Driver" 

"The Demon Dance" by Julian Winding from "The Neon Demon"

"Cry Little Sister" by Gerard McMann from "The lost boys"

Hans Zimmer from "Inception" ("Time" above all)

Gustavo Santaolalla from "Amores Perros", ("theme", "atacama")

Colin Stetson from "Hereditary"

Chu Ishikawa (from "Tetsuo the Iron Man", "Lost" above all)

and The Goblin, from "The Hatchet Murders "

Like almost all the others I mentioned, they composed the entire soundtrack, the most famous song is certainly "Profondo Rosso", but I tell you about "Mad Puppet", which appears during night investigations in a mansion, complete with climbing through balconies, stairs, corridors and walls to break down..

(link in the comments)

• dman63
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

“Year of the Cat” by Al Stewart during a scene from “Running With Scissors”

“Girl, You’ll Be A Woman Soon” by Urge Overkill during a scene from Pulp Fiction.  John Travolta is waiting for Uma Thurman before they go to Jack Rabbit Slim’s.

Another one from Pulp Fiction - Bruce Willis is driving in an old Honda Civic while listening to “Flowers On The Wall” by The Stadtler Brothers.

“The End” by The Doors during the opening scenes of Apocalypse Now.

• Dominique
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

Thank you! Great answer, sometimes I wish I could choose more than one for Favorite Answer.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Dv8s
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Every song played in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and Saturday Night Fever, the Bee Gees were a perfect choice, the beginning especially fits the mood.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Raising Hope had some good songs in it.

• Dominique
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

I agree! If I'm correct, I think it was that show that played The Rolling Stones song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" on an episode.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sometimes I’ll be watching a TV show and I’ll just start whacking off

• Chad²
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

This one: Too much rap metal...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.