Nora asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 2 months ago

how to fix a canon autozoon 814 electronic Light Meter that isn’t working?? ?

I want to shoot on this camera but my light meter isn’t working. I got a light meter app but where do i change the exposure and shutter speed so im able to shoot manually?

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Regwah
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Looking at Frank's link to the manual.

Have you checked the batteries for the exposure meter?

Super 8 shutter speed is around 30th/sec.

There is what they are calling an aperture control ring on the other side of the camera, you can manually adjust the aperture there.

It's a nice camera with some good features.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Sumi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sorry to say that I cannot tell you exactly how to use your Autozoom 814.  But!  Here's a link to the owner's manual that will tell you exactly how to manually set the exposure, if you can at all: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/554334/Canon-Aut...

If you don't already know, you can get film for it adorama.com or bhphotovideo.com.

Processing is expensive and can be done at rocky mountain film labs: http://www.rockymountainfilm.com/oldfilm/default.h...

• qrk
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's a super-8mm movie camera. Do a search for "Canon 814 manual" and download the PDF manual.

The film costs will break the bank! Getting it developed will be even more costly. If you don't have a super 8 projector, you can use a telecine service to digitize the film.

The light meter requires mercury 625 batteries. You can get zinc-air 625 replacement batteries. The 625 alkaline  batteries don't work well for older light meters (voltage not stable). Before buying batteries, open up the light meter battery compartment and verify that the compartment isn't corroded.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.