How can I make BBQ baby back ribs more tender in the oven?

I'm talking like fall off the bone tender with barbecue sauce on it. Do I marinate them do I put it in like a salty water brine bath like you might like a turkey or chicken? I'll take any suggestions if you have them friend you've done it before. I'm not talkin if you've done it on the barbecue because I don't have barbecues. my apartment complex will not let us have any lol.

Thank You :)

yik

yik

yik

yik

yik

The trick to “fall off the bone” meats is to cook low and slow for a very long time.  There are lots of blogs and recipes out there, I suggest you google for recipes and find a bbq master you connect with and follow their advice.

I cook my carnitas and pot roasts overnight at 200 for 10-12 hours or 225 for 8-10 hours.  I started doing that after “copycatting” my favorite pulled pork and bacon breakfast burritos from the food truck at my local farmers market.  I had struck up a relationship with the owner of the truck and he told me how he did his pulled pork and I started experimenting with it.

I recently bought some country ribs and had to look up how to cook them, fell into several cooking blogs and articles by grillmasters and followers of grillmasters.

I suggest you read a bunch of recipes and either follow one or use your instincts to put your own thing together after reading up on it.  Typically the bbq sauce would go on very late in the cooking process as sugars burn easily.

You can marinate them, then add a spice rub and put them in the over at 225° for as long as it takes for them to get to an internal temperature of 210°. You can also braise them in a crock pot, with a seasoned liquid for a long time. Start on high until the vessel comes to heat, then back off to low for about 6 hours.

Cook long and slow like 8 hours at 150C

• John

White people boil ribs. Ask yourself if you want that said about you. You can even go to 250F and yes, 3 hours. Put the sauce on in the last half hour or so, usually more than once.I know brining is all the rage these days but mostly I've found it just makes the meat salty even with rinsing.

The key to fall-off-the-bone tender rib meat is LOW and SLOW. Use a baking dish big enough to hold the ribs without spillage. SEAR the meat first on high heat in the oven--like about 400-425F. When the meat browns, remove the dish from the oven, turn the oven down to 300 and cover your ribs with barbecue sauce, and just enough water in the bottom of the pan to keep the sauce from sticking. Maybe just a cup or so. Then return the pan to the oven and cook at that low temp for a good two hours, or more. Occasionally, you should 'baste' the ribs with the sauce in the bottom of the dish, and keep it from cooking too fast; don't let the sauce dry out. Add more water a half-cup at a time if you need to. Keep your heat no higher than 300F. Don't let the ribs dry out. 

My Mom used a pressure cooker on them first. They were still flavorful, and way tender. She only did this for a few minutes.

She then put foil in the bottom of an oven pan, then the ribs and BBQ sauce, then foil tightly over the top. She took the foil off the top for the last few minutes for the sauce to thicken. 

Cook them at a lower heat for a longer period of time. Try 275°F for around 2 to 2 1/2 hours. At about 1-hour or so flip each rack over and have them swap sides on the baking sheet. If you have one rack then just keep them in the center. You'll know they're very tender when the tips of the bones start to expose themselves.

Bonus tip: Line the baking sheet with foil then top the foil with parchment paper. The ribs won't stick to the parchment paper (but probably will stick to the foil) and the foil allows for easy clean up.

Put them in a deep dish with a water BBQ mix and boil them in it for about 3 hr, but the best way is to use a pressure cooker on them, keeping the ribs covered then drain and use just the sauce and brush them with it about every 10 to 15 min till done.. Also DO NOT COOK to fast.. IT just dries them out and makes them tougher..

You can brine them, that would be a start. 

I like to use a dry rub the night before and wrap them in plastic, it will turn into a wet rub. But if you brine just pat them dry and then add whatever rub or seasonings you like. 

Slow and low in the oven. And no sauce until they are almost done.  the sauce has a lot of sugar and can burn. 

I am talking about 225 to 250 degrees F.  For 4 to 8 hours (lower the temp the oven is the longer they will take.)

Give them a light tug the bone should come away if that is how you want them.

Some people wrap them in foil so they sorta steam a bit, you can do that if you want them super soft and fall off the bone. 

the last 15 minutes. Turn the heat up, if they are wrapped un wrap them and use your sauce.  Bring them pretty close to the top of the oven, you could even broil them for a bit but keep your eye on them . 

Before you start you might want to remove the membrane on the back of the ribs, seasonings and sauce will not penetrate that. 

but please do not par boil them.