can i name my band radiohead 2?

i want to start a band called radiohead 2 am i going to get sued or killed if i use this name?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Nick
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Possibly, if you're a tribute act. But you will never make any money recording other peoples songs

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Dude, your idea would be seen as so insignificant in this day and time that Radiohead themselves would probably not even bother wasting time trying sue you, and thats given that Youtube's algorithm would even allow for Radiohead to know that your band exists. 

• 4 months ago

You can, but you won't get many gigs and forget about a record contract.  You'll also get laughed out of the room every time you perform under that name, but you can do it.

• 4 months ago

Unless your a Radiohead cover band you'll be righteously laughed at

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Radiohead stole the name from Talking Heads so I don't see a problem, ask David Byrne?

• 4 months ago

If you want to get sued, yes. But if you're a member of Radiohead, that might be acceptable

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Sure...if you're itching to get sued.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

😄

No.

Not without their permission.

• Nick
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

You wouldn't get sued. I mean, getting sued is the absolute best case scenario, it means you made enough money to get sued for. That wouldn't happen. The most probable thing that would happen is that nobody would notice or care. The 2nd most probable thing that might happen is algorithms would simply remove your music from the internet and clubs wouldn't book you. The 3rd most probable thing that might happen is enough people would notice that you'd get a cease and desist letter.

• 4 months ago

You'll be sued.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.