Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

How many miles do you have to ride to lose weight?

I just got an e-bike. It goes 50 mile on throttle but I plan on peddling as much as possible.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

We're all different, a lot of it depends on your metabolism and diet. Talk it over with a doctor.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Average adult burns 60 calories per hour doing nothing.

Approx 1400 PASSIVE calories burned daily. (2000 calory diet = 600 for exercise to maintain same weight) 

DIET and physical activity.

• David
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Unless you ALSO control your intake, odds are you won’t lose any weight at all, no matter how far you ride.

You can’t outride a bad diet.(Well, possibly if you spend every waking hour riding as hard as you can. Not many manage that though.)

Once you’ve got our eating under control, THEN riding will HELP - not guarantee- weight loss.

• 1 month ago

Sell the e-bike.  Get yourself an actual 'pedal' (not peddle) type bicycle.  Remember that diet is just as, if not more important than exercise alone.  Without a healthy diet, you'll see no or very little weight loss.  And just in case you think the answer from my brother (Old Hippie) is a crock of sh*t, you couldn't be more wrong.  He's lost over 100 lbs. simply with a better diet & cycling every day possible, weather permitting.  Spring, Summer, Fall & even Winter, he's on a bike.  Well known in our city for being the man without a car now for twelve years.  Try that.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

ROFLMAO!  🤣  From what I've seen others do on e-bikes, my bet is you lose ZERO pounds.  Cycling to burn fat & lose weight is no "quick fix".  It takes a 15 to 20 warm-up period just to START burning stored fat vs. dietary fat.  That's only the beginning.  Now you need to ride at least 45 minutes to an hour 5 to 6 days a week; seven if possible.  Mix things up.  One day you might go out for a shorter, but more intense ride.  The next day...go long.  I'm talking at LEAST 25 to 30 miles.  Work on intervals.  An interval, simply put, is going as fast as possible for a brief period of time followed by a more relaxed pace.  Even a 30 second interval helps.  But keep REPEATING!  Off the bike...work on CORE STRENGTH.  Two links...

https://www.bicycling.com/training/a20022418/burn-...

https://www.bicycling.com/training/a30878632/ab-ex...  

Last, learn the difference between peddling and PEDALING.  Peddling is to sell an idea, product or service.  A door-to-door salesperson might "peddle" magazine subscriptions.  The girl illustrated below is "peddling" her flowers.  Bicycles have PEDALS.  Sigh...roll eyes. 🙄   

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Diet and heart rate will contribute to weight loss.  You'll need intervals of getting your heart rate up with short rest intervals. Get a bicycle computer with a cadence meter and heart rate monitor on it.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.